X Factor All Stars contestant Brenda Edwards says she had no idea show had been cancelled
Brenda Edwards has insisted she was booked for X Factor All Stars but claims she was not told that the show had been axed.
Speaking to the Daily Star Sunday , the Loose Women panellist, 45, revealed she only learned Simon Cowell had pulled the plug on the show by reading it in the papers.
The former contestant told the publication: "We were waiting to hear what was going on.
"And then I saw it in the paper that the series had been cancelled."
After discovering the show had been scrapped, Brenda told the paper she was "surprised" and thought it was a "shame".
She also revealed she didn't know what the reasons behind the show's cancellation were.
Brenda Edwards has insisted she was booked for X Factor All Stars but claims she was not told that the show had been axed
Simon scrapped All Stars at the last minute after struggling to get any big name former stars to take part
A show spokesperson has hit back at Brenda's claims and explained she was "not due to take part" in the All Stars series.
Brenda originally found fame on the ITV show in 2013 when she came in fourth place after being mentored by Sharon Osbourne.
After impressing with her soulful voice, Brenda sailed through the competition and made it all the way to the live shows.
During one episode, Simon compared Brenda to Shirley Valentine as he praised her new look.
Brenda Edwards shot to fame on The X Factor in 2013
Brenda came in fourth place after being mentored by Sharon Osbourne
At the beginning of the month it was announced that music mogul Simon, 60, decided to cancel his upcoming X Factor spin-off.
A host of winners and contestants from across the years were set to battle it out in the new version of the ITV show.
The Mirror exclusively revealed Simon scrapped the idea at the last minute after struggling to get any big name former stars to take part.
Leona Lewis was among those believed to have backed out.
Now Simon's launching X Factor: The Band instead, and plans to find a new pop supergroup.
He said the winners of his new show will do more than get a record contract, they'll also launch a new wave of music, "UK-Pop".
2011 winners Little Mix are also set to launch a rival BBC talent show, The Search, to put together a band to support them on their next tour.
Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at [email protected] or call us direct 0207 29 33033